Sunday, May 27, 2012
Google provides Google Webmaster tool to see how site is performing in Google search results. You have to create an account for Google Webmaster tool for use. Google Webmaster tool has a feature to remove a URL from Google search result.
The following steps are required to remove your URL from Google search result.
- Login to Google webmaster tool
- Select your site
- On Dashboard Page, click Optimization from the left side of menu.
- Click on remove URLs and then click on Create a new remove request button.
- Enter the full URL to remove from Google search results and click Continue button.
- You will find three options in dropdown list. Select Remove page from search results and cache and click Submit Request button.
Remove URL(s) provides you to remove the page from Google index/ cache, remove page fro the cache only or remove an entire directory.
Note: Make sure that your page returns 404 errors. Google webmaster tools will work if you have your own site or you have full access to the web site remotely.
Google Webmaster tool also provides feature such as search queries, backlink, sitemap, health, traffic and labs. I will explain them in my further articles.